I'm so happy that you've decided to hop along with us today. I know just how hectic this time of year can be... with everyone's little ones getting ready for back to school.
This year I have one whose in 11th grade and then my daughter who is starting homeschool this year. Should be fun. I'll let you all know how that goes once we get started with that.
Looking back I can remember being in their shoes looking forward, not really, to the summer ending and a fresh new school year.
Too kick that off Kathryn, from Creations with Kathryn has organized this hop. If you just happened to show up at my blog on your own today thank you, and if not no worries. If you want to get in on the hop please click here and you will be whisked away to Kathryn's site and the hop beginning.
If you happen to have found me while you were hopping then that means you "should have" arrived here from Jen's blog then your headed in the right direction.
I'm going to posting two different projects so your going to have to come back tomorrow to see both of them. Both of my projects are featuring digi stamps for the wonderfully talented Jen from Jen's Digi Stamps... if you haven't visited her online store you should her designs are super cute and she is a pleasure to talk with. I have a few other of her digi's that I'm going to be using for other projects in the very near future and she's offered to be a sponsor for one of my up coming hops. I'm also trying out for her DT so we'll see how that goes. If you stop by her store let her know that Michelle from Peanut Butter & Jelly Designs sent you.
For today's project that I'm going to share with you I used this adorable bookworm digi
I colored him in with my new Copic Markers.
Bookworm digi from Jen's Digi Stamps
Various Copic Markers
Turquoise,Lime Green and Yellow Embrodiary Floss
ATG Adhesive Gun
DCWV Glitter Stack ( It's from one I had from years ago)
Glossy Accents by Inkssentials/Ranger
Singo White Gel Pen
Pre-made 5X7 card (I've also had this for years....I think I got these in Wal-Mart actually)
Ranger Distress Ink Broken China
1. I took the digi of the bookworn that I got from Jen's digi stamps and I colored him in with my new copic markers. I'm just learning how to use them and I don't have a whole bunch of them... so please bear with me while I learn how to use them the "right way". As I like to refer to it. I will say that they are and pardon my french but, ....."They are freakin' a dream to work with!!!!" They are so smooth and they just glide over the paper.... I don't know why I waited so long to get them. Actually I do, because they are pricey but, very much worth it.
2. Next I took the 5X7 pre-made turq. card that I have in my stash of things I need to use up pile. (Yes, I'm still doing that and I will be still doing this is we end up moving like we're supposed to. It's worth it because for the first time I will have my own craft room!!!)
3. Then I took the piece of DCWV Glitter Paper (from that same pile) and I measured a rectangle 4 3/4 X 6 3/4. Then I took the Ranger Distress Ink in Broken China and I inked all of the edges then when I was done I set it aside to dry.
4. Next I took the Turq. Lime Green and Yellow embrodiery floss and I 8" piece of each color and I tied them around the Glitter Paper. I didn't want them all perfect so I moved them around until I had them where I liked them. I took my ATG adhesive gun and I ran some glue all over the back of the glitter paper then I stuck it onto the Turq card.
5. Then I took the digi of the bookworm and I used some dimensional tape on the back of him so that he was raised off of the card some.
6. Next I took a peice of white paper and I used my alphabet stamps that I picked up in Micheal's $1.00 bin and I used my American Crafts Ditto Stamp Marker in black to ink the stamps and stamp out the word Bookworm. Then I attached that to the from of the card on a slight angle.
7. Then I took a scrap of cream colored paper that I had laying around that fit nicely on the inside and I attached it using my ATG. Lastly I cut two strips of paper from the same Glitter Everywhere sheet that I used on the front and I attached one on the top and one on the bottom of the cream paper.
8. Then just to add alittle bit of umpft to the card I used the Inkssentials Glossy Accents on the bookworms eyes to make them shiny, and I used my Singo white gel pen to add some accents around the card. I think I've covered everything.
That was it. Not to difficult right? I really like how this came out and I choose to leave it blank on the inside because I wasn't sure who I was going to give it too.
Blog Candy: I know everyone come to blog hops for the chance at winning some blog candy.... well what I'm doing is .... I'm working my way up to 500 followers and once I hit 500 followers I'm going to be doing a giveaway of certian items that I've picked up along the way. One of my lucky faithful followers is going to win it. As I'm out and about I pick up things here and there for it. There's still plenty of time to get in on it.
If you'd like to get your own bookworm from Jen's digi stamps please go to her online store. Now don't forget to come back tomorrow to see the adorable card that I've made for my nephew who is going to be starting Kindergarten this year.... those were the good old days.
Now I'm going to send you on your way to Jen M.'s blog, Scrapping at the McCalley House . I just realized every one else I mentioned on my blog today name is Jen....lol
Thanks so much for stopping by here today and I look forward to seeing you again tomorrow.